Monday, August 10, 2009

Ya Never Know...

With the power of the Internet and technology in general, you can never be too careful about what you put in writing. Whether it's texting, e-mail, blogging, Twitter, Facebook or whatever means of communication you choose to use, you just never know whose eyes will one day see what you've written. Unfortunately, this girl didn't get the memo...and this is what was posted on her Facebook page:

I luckily learned this hard lesson when I was FRESH out of college. It was my first job after graduation and I was working for a travel agency. Long story short, I was sending personal e-mail via my work e-mail account, saying how much I hated my job and my boss. Well at my 90-day evaluation, my boss asked how I was liking the job. When I said that it was going well, he threw a stack of my e-mail on the table and said, "Well these tell me otherwise." I gave my 2-weeks notice on the spot (which believe it or not, I actually toughed it out for those 2 weeks!) and have NEVER put anything in writing that I wouldn't show to my boss, or anyone for that matter. Lesson learned. I'm thinking the same can be said about the person above.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Classic...people really don't think about how public they are on Facebook and other such venues...it's really very funny...but sad.