Sunday, August 23, 2009

New Guilty Pleasure

A few weeks ago, some ladies at work turned me on to "Whatever, Martha!" I find the show to be quite hysterical. In case you are in the dark, as I have been for the last year, these half-hour episodes feature co-hosts Alexis Stewart (Martha Stewart's daughter) and friend Jennifer Koppelman Hutt (who happens to be the daughter of the chairman of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia) . The premise is that the co-hosts watch old, archive episodes of Martha Stewart's show and critique, mock and provide commentary of what they watch. They make fun of Martha's clothes, rip into her guests, and mix in sexual innuendos whenever the opportunity presets itself. It seems that nothing is off limits to what they joke about. They also attempt to make some of the crafts or meals during real-time while watching the show. I've read that Martha created the show after watching reruns of “Mystery Science Theater 3000." Genius if you ask me! If you are intrigued and have a DVR or TiVo - record a few episodes and check it out for yourself. Apparently they also have a radio show on Sirus Satellite Radio. Here's a sample of the show below, what do you think?


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That does look interesting and funny. In college my roommates and I would watch Martha Stewart (rarely) and do our own commentary. I'll have to check it out.