Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday Night Sushi Club

A wonderful new sushi joint just opened a couple of weeks ago in North Bossier, just a few miles from my house. The sushi and rolls are out of this world. Check out the name - Avocado California Roll & Sushi - it's a mouthful. The first couple of times we dined there the service was really - I MEAN REALLY - slow, taking about two hours to finish dinner. But the food is so incredible that we had to go back for more. I have had sushi all over the globe and I'm putting my stamp of approval on this gem as the best I've found!

This restaurant was founded in Wylie, Texas, and there are currently ten locations. Alexander, the founder, greeted us last week and even showed us that he has a roll named in his honor. How cool is that? The menu is like no other Japanese restaurant I've been to either. There are pictures accompanying each of the dishes...genius. So often I won't try something new because I don't know what I'm getting myself into. This takes all of the guess work out of it. However, it looks like someone needs to go through and spell check the menu - check out item #19 below.

Last Monday, four of us (Ray, Steve - pictured below, and "Sugar") met up for a sushi dinner. Yes, the service was slow yet again - but the food is beyond...I mean it's BEYOND! We decided to make it a Monday night event. It was great having something to look forward to throughout the first day of the work week. I am very happy to report that the service has picked up quite a bit and only took an hour - in and out. We all really hope this place will make it here.

Next Monday = same time, same place.

No comments: