Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Squeaky Wheel

Prior to moving into the house, Ray and I made a trip to Sears to purchase a washer and dryer (exact model is not pictured above). Now, I'm not one to get excited about doing laundry and don't need or require anything fancy. As long as my clothes come our clean, I'm happy. We did do a bit of shopping around but came across a GE front load washer and dryer set that was on sale for about a hundred dollars off each appliance. Sitting on top of the display was a sign that stated you would receive a $100 mail-in rebate with the purchase of a GE washer and dryer. This was the clincher and the reason we went with this model instead of doing more comparison shopping. The sales guys said that he didn't have any rebate forms and that there computer was down so he couldn't give us the form. He instructed to go to GE's website and print the form from home. Long story short is that I filled out the form, mailed it in and received an e-mail today stating that the model numbers were not valid. I made a trip to Sears this afternoon and spoke with the sales guy who made the sale...it was infuriating. He said that the rebate must not have worked for our model and reminded me that I received a great sales price!!! Hello!!! Those would not have been purchased without the extra $100 incentive! I spent over 45 minutes in the store and ended up speaking to the manager. She took down all of my info and said she would call me this evening with a resolution. I have to say that I was quite surprised when my phone rang at 6pm. The manager said we would receive a $100 Sears gift card in the mail by the end of the week. No, it's not what we were originally expecting, but I'm happy that the situation has been rectified.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Yay for the squeaky wheel! I'm glad you got restitution.