Friday, July 18, 2008

Yes, It's been a while...

What's funny is that you would think that after 2 weeks without a post, having gone on vacation for 10 days and celebrating a birthday, this would be very easy to write...well you would think wrong. Too much has happened to really capture the essence of it all...so here is a list of the highlights!
  • Hung out with my family in NC for 4 days! We stayed with my sister Suzanne & brother-in-law JD. They live right up with street from JD's parents where we cooked out and sat around a camp fire one evening.
  • Played mini-golf at the $1.50 course in Hendersonville, NC with Suzanne, Emily (who is now 4 months pregnant), Mom & family friend. I came in 2nd behind Suzanne.
  • Ray did some scouting work while we were there. We went to Greenville, SC to see JD play goalie in one of his hockey leagues...no contract has been signed yet.
  • Downtown Asheville was not a highlight but probably a lowlight of the trip. Ray & I did not fit in with all the hippies & homeless people...not our scene - but now we know!
  • Played BINGO with mom at the Elk's Lodge while Ray got some quality bonding time with dad...they both refused to go play with us. In case you're wondering, neither of us got to yell BINGO even though we both were sure we would win!
  • Drove to Myrtle Beach and stayed in the same condo we stayed at in March right on the beach. It was so great just being able to drop our bags, know where to go and be able to relax.
  • The shopping in Myrtle is AAAAMAZING!!!! I'm pretty sure we went shopping everyday we were there. There are 2 outlet malls, 2 regular malls, 3 outdoor shopping centers and we hit them all (some multiple times). We were both able to find some great deals and were able to fit everything in our suitcases which I'm still amazed about.
  • I would say that eating, shopping & laughing our faces off was the theme of the trip.
  • MIYABI Japanese Steak House was where I had the best fillet mignon of my entire life. No joke...it you're ever there you MUST check that place out. Num, num, num. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. Fyi, there are more locations than just Myrtle Beach if you check out their website.
  • I was in the mood for ice cream and we found a place that had frozen custard. I stood in line for about 15 minutes, ordered my cone, had a few licks only to discover that they only took cash...long story short I had to give the cone back...so sad.
  • Had my 29th birthday while in Myrtle. Ray gave me a beautiful silver heart necklace from Tiffany & Co...LOVE IT! He is a great gift giver - very thoughtful and comes up with the best things.
  • Played a round of mini-golf (see a theme) at the Hawaiian Rumble Golf, Home of the Masters, Sanctioned by U.S. ProMiniGolf. This course has been featured on the travel channel and has been voted one of the Top 10 mini-golf courses in the world. It was a great course and see why people rave about it. Yes, I did win by 5 strokes. Ray attributes that to the practice I had in Hendersonville.
  • I was sad to come back home from such a wonderful & relaxing vacation, but happy to see the dogs...and boy were they happy to see us. Champy was so excited that he rammed his head into my leg, tooth first, and I have a bruise to show from it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They made you give the cone back??? That's just nasty! Geeshhh.

AND you celebrated a birthday? What was the date???? How is it that got by me?

Wendy said...

Sounds like you had a great 2 weeks... Happy Belated Birthday!