Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spring Has Sprung...

Or so these crazy Canadians think! This is the site of the pond hockey tournament that we attended in February, but oh has the scene changed. Ahh, the sights and sounds of spring. Ducks a quacking, Canadians Eh'ing, everyone has a bounce in their step with the 55 degree weather. People here are crazy, I still can't believe that at the park we saw a number of folks in shorts & t-shirts (I even spotted a woman in a tank top - she should've saved that for a day when she is a bit more pigmented...good thing I was wearing my sun glasses). I love the picture above, quite classic here. Check out the person sitting on the stoop, yes folks, he is holding a cup of Tim Horton's! Now look closer to the water - that's right - he is one of the crazies wearing shorts & a t-shirt. I have to say that it was a breath of fresh air to be able to go outside without my winter gear...but it's a long way off to be busting out my summer wardrobe...I'm just glad & relieved that Spring is here with promises of warmer days to come.

While at the park, we busted out the camera to see if we could get some shots that were worthy of the blog (yes, those are hard to come by). Ray was a big fan of the picture of this little guy - based on pictures that he has of himself as a kid, it could've been him 35 years ago...I'm sure Ray's mom would agree. He looks like he's got some trouble to find.

We got a nice National Geographic worthy picture of our beautiful Canadian wildlife with the mallard shot. Ray is fascinated by all the wild fowl that hangs out in our backyard...we have pheasants, mallards, woodpeckers, ravens, and FINALLY robins! Yesterday I saw the first baby bird of the season. Yay for Spring!

No comments: