Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Fresh Start


It's official! I am a working woman again. Today marks my second day as the Community Resource Coordinator - Special Events for the Canadian Cancer Society (talk about a title that's a mouth full). This is the first job I've had that I get an office, I've always worked in the cube environment. The office will definitely need some personal touches to make it more comfortable, but all-in-all it's a great position working for a tremendous organization. The office I work in has 3 other people (two girls and a guy) who have been nothing but friendly and outgoing. My first event I'm in charge of is called Strike Out Cancer 2008 (a bowling event) and takes place in about 5 weeks and the goal is to raise $10,000. It's worth noting that bowling around here involves a much smaller ball than in the States, should be interesting to give it a try. Tomorrow I'm heading down to St. John (about 2 hours south of Moncton) to the CCS head office for training the rest of the week. I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Express there and will be bringing my laptop along...stay tuned for more to come...

No comments: