Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Poor guy

Ray's throat has been hurting him for the past couple of days. It all started when he started complaining that his throat felt swollen and was certain that one of my hairs was caught in there. I totally laughed at him and thought he was full of it. That was until we were at the gym on the elliptical machine and he started coughing and pulled one of my hairs out of his mouth. Of course I started laughing hysterically and almost fell off the machine myself. Anyway, his throat has a bunch of little white bumps - they cover the little hangy ball thing, the back of his tongue and throat - they look like little blisters. Here in Canada (and I'm told by the website it's sold in the States as well) they have a medicine for cough and throat irritation called "Buckley's". I laughed my ass off when I first saw commercials for this stuff...their slogan is "It Tastes Awful. And It Works." A big part of their marketing campaign is to have people taste the medicine and you see the nasty face they make from the taste (which I have witnessed first hand seeing Ray choke it down). Check out this commercial ~ they actually run this on TV!

No comments: