Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

This marks my first international Christmas celebration and wanted to wish everyone Happy Holidays! We're making it a nice, relaxing day. As I told Ray's mom (p.s. thanks for the Christmas tree) this morning, I quit in the kitchen. Two days ago I was in the mood to make some holiday cookies - since we don't have any cookie cutters I went with chocolate chip cookies - simple, right...you'd think so. The recipe makes about 2 dozen, well all but TWO (2) cookies were burnt to a crisp on the bottom. It said to cook for 8-10 minutes; at exactly 8 minutes I pulled them out, burnt...Grrrr. Then I wanted to make some onion chip dip for Christmas (I love having that with regular lays potato chips). It's simple - onions, cream cheese, milk and a pinch of salt. Well I ended up with a sloshy mess! It didn't turn out AT ALL...how can I mess up something so simple? We'll see how the actual turkey turns out...but Uncle Ray is cooking it so I can't screw that up. Anyway, hope you have a Merry Christmas!!!

Ray really wanted to open up one present last night and the rest today on Christmas. I was so excited (I know mom & dad, some things never change) that we ended up opening everything last night. I really had no idea what I'd be getting, but Ray did such a good job shopping for me. I got a couple shirts, a sweatshirt, a new Nike water bottle (I had left mine in Az when I moved), a $15 gift card to Tim Horton's (many of you know about that little joke), and a new Coach bag (YAY!!!!) that is super ultra mega cute! Oh, he also got me snow tires for my car, tre romantic. I got him a new Mont Blanc belt that he's been eying, a memory stick for his computer and a digital picture frame pre-loaded with pictures and music for his enjoyment. I think we both made out quite well.

Tomorrow is Boxing Day here in Canada. It's the big shopping day of the year (kinda like the day after Thanksgiving in the U.S.). I think we'll be heading out at some point to try to find some great shopping deals...I'm hoping to locate a good deal on a digital camera - it'll take the blog to a whole new level, Guaranteed!

No comments: