Friday, December 21, 2007

Num Num Num


As celebration of the new gig, Uncle Ray took me out for dinner last night to our favorite restaurant here - Pastalli. Their Italian cuisine is truly to die for. It was so good last night that it warranted it's own post on the blog. The meal definitely ranks among the top 3 feasts of my life. We started it all off with a 1/2 liter of the house red (I got a bit of a buzz since I drank what Ray didn't). They have a great little bread bar and Ray toasted a few pieces of garlic bread to perfection. For the main course, I ordered the Coquille Saint-Jacques - Bay of Fundy scallops (which are local!) sautéed in white wine and lemon cream sauce with melted provolone and mozzarella chesses...sooooo freaking good. It was also served with spaghetti pesto and a Cesar salad. Ray got the Shrimps Portofino - Shrimps, mushrooms, pine nuts, spinach and red pepper sauce with penne pasta. We topped off the celebration with my favorite dessert - tiramisu. I've had A LOT of tiramisu in my day and I'm confident to report that this was THE BEST TIRAMISU OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! It was so light and airy and packed full of flavor. Well if you end up coming here for a visit, we'll make sure to go to Pastalli for dinner...

*The picture was taken a few weeks back while we were out on the town...last night we were a bit more dressed up.

No comments: