Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Heck Yeah!!!


I'm mega excited! I received a phone call this morning and was offered a job. I'm the new Special Events Coordinator for the Canadian Cancer Society (CCS). If you click on the links they will take you to the job description and the CCS website. My first official day is January 7th (Mary Beth's birthday). I am very excited about the position; working events is right up my alley and fits perfect with my career path. I love the idea of working for a non-profit as well. The CCS's mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer. The position offers a competitive salary, full health benefits, 3 weeks vacation, every other Friday off during the summer and the office is closed from Xmas through New Years...not bad. It really is crazy how things find a way of working out. It'll be a little strange come January 7th...it's the first time that Ray and I will both be gainfully employed.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Hey Heather:
Congratulations....
Mom & Dad

Unknown said...

WOO HOO Heather~
That's great news:)
Marlene