Sunday, March 15, 2009

It's Already March 15th?!?!?! Where Does The Time Go?

I can't believe that over a month and a half has slipped by since my last post. No worries, everything is going well. I just haven't found myself sitting at my computer after working all day on one. But alas, it's Sunday morning and I'm enjoying a slow cup of coffee in my pj's.

There is a bit of a dilemma when this much time has gone by, do I mention what's gone on or just move forward....well, quick rewind. I made a surprise trip to NC for my mom's 60th birthday at the beginning of February - such a fun time with the family - even got to see my nephew for the first time. Work has been keeping me nice and occupied. I'm still loving my job which is a great sign. Ray's hockey season is quickly coming to an end and has clinched a spot in the playoffs. And I decided 4 weeks ago, when the scale tipped at a buck and a hey, that I needed to get off my butt and do something about it. So I hired a personal trainer & have been watching what I stuff in my mouth. Surprisingly enough I'm already seeing results and am feeling great! It's amazing what moving does for the body. I'll be fitting into my cute, skinny jeans in no time.

I went for lunch with a new girlfriend yesterday. We went to Cush's Grocery & Market, made famous for their cupcakes by Katie Holmes when she was in Shreveport shooting a movie. I had the chicken salad on avacado halves and had an amazing party in my mouth. Yes, I did enjoy a cupcake and brought one back for Ray...but honestly didn't see what all the hype was about...it tasted like a cupcake.

Tonight I'm taking in the Mudbugs hockey game with a couple of the girls from the office. Face-off is at 4:05 which will make for a nice evening at home afterwards before another busy week starts.

Hopefully there are people who will read this...I won't allow so much time before I update again.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ah...the Ides of March...well, welcome back to the blogging world. I'm glad you got to celebrate with your mom; it sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

We always enjoy reading your blog...
dad