Saturday, January 24, 2009

Date Night

It was fun last night to get out of the house for and evening out on the town with Ray. After we rushed home from work, let the dogs out, made a quick clothes change, we met our friends Angela and Steve for dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. The food was nothing to comment about, but we always have a great time when the four of us hang out.

We made a quick pit-stop for candy at Bass Pro Shop (they had quite the selection, who knew?!?!?), then headed to the CenturtyTel Center for the Darius Rucker, Dierks Bentley, and Brad Paisley concert. These are country musicians for those of you not in the know. We were running a bit late so missed Darius Rucker perform, but we mainly went to see Dierks Bentley...and he did not disappoint. If you ever get the chance to see him, GO! He is so much fun live and can't wait to see him again next time he comes through town.


I told Ray before the show that we could leave whenever he was ready (we both had long weeks and neither of us are huge Brad Paisley fans). Well, Paisley hadn't made it through his first song before Ray asked if I was ready to bounce! I'm surprised to say that I was enjoying myself and wanted to stay a bit longer. Although his lyrics are EXTREMELY corny, and feel his music is totally studio produced country, Brad Paisley was quite the entertainer! He is amazing on the guitar and his band was fantastic. At one point during the song, "Waiting on a Woman" Ray turned to me and said, "This is a great song to hang myself to." I knew at that point it was time to head home...too funny!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It sounds like fun. I saw Terri Clark open for Toby Keith in concert a few years ago. She's my favorite. Toby was funny and he was entertaining.

I'm glad you guys had such a nice date night.