Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Goal Accomplished!



When I set the goal 4 weeks ago to burn 2,000 by running/jogging/walking in 4 weeks by using the Nike Plus gadget I have, it seemed like it would be a piece of cake (mmmmmmmm, did someone say cake?). It was a bit more of a challenge than anticipated due to the move and a lack of energy. I typically burn about 100 calories every 10 minutes jogging...so unfortunately it was not a one and done kind of goal. I tend to be one of those people that if I set a goal (especially if I make that goal public) I feel the obligation to come through...Jenn, I have a feeling you're the same in that regard...you too Stephanie since you post your New Year's resolutions on your blog to stay accountable. So I guess the blog helped give me the motivation to come through on my word, which is exactly what I need at times. Oh, part of Ray's deal with his job is a gym membership for the two of us which is always a nice perk.

And Jennifer, you and your family are more than welcome to come for a visit anytime you'd like! After looking at over 35 houses we decided on one and will be closing on the 28th. It's in a gated community, 4 bedroom, 3 full bath, 2,100 square feet and has a community pool...counting down the days to get settled.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Way to go! I wish I was doing that well...I had too much pizza tonight.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on reaching your 2000 goal AND on your new home! 4 Bedrooms?? Awesome! Lots of room for me and the fam to move right in.

I love watching your local weather on your blog. I remember when you told me that people back home liked seeing what the weather was like where you were and I thought they were, well, kind of nuts! Guess it takes one to know one, hun??

While it's been quite nice here today, it's been a long time in coming. We've had such crappy weather here that it's been depressing!

By the way, how are the kids? I haven't had a good slobber lately! LOL!