Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Oh Canada

Happy Canada Day!!! I can't believe that July 1st is already here! I guess that's largely due to the fact that it's been rainy and in the mid 50's & 60's this past week...but today finally feels like summer. I am still trying to figure out what people do here for this day of celebration. I look down the street and nobody has flags out and I haven't heard anything about fireworks tonight. All I do know is that here in Moncton, the city is pretty much shut down, like any other holiday.

My big plans for today is to stay in my pj's as long as possible (it's already after noon), watch Wimbeldon and relax. I LOVE this time of year! One day I'll make it to England to catch this tournament live. Watching always makes me want to get my tennis racket out and play.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are SO American!! I LOVE the Fourth of July...it is such an amazing event to experience. Makes Canada Day seem boring in comparison!!