Saturday, June 28, 2008

Extended Vacation

An unexpected turn of events has extended my 15 day vacation to a permanent one. You see, my job with the cancer society was a contract position that was to last until January. I found out this week on Thursday that due to restructuring of the office, my position has been eliminated. My last day in the office was yesterday. It is not terrible news and I'm actually a bit excited that it has opened up some much needed free time. The upside is that I will remain on payroll and will continue my benefits until September 5th...nothing like getting paid for sleeping in and going to the gym! Like they say, all good things must come to an end.

Sooooo, Uncle Ray & Charlie Palooza officially began yesterday around 1pm. We kicked it off last night with dinner & drinks with Bill & Lyne and then headed over to the Bowlarama for a couple of games of Canada's very own, small ball bowling, bubble hockey (see video below; Ray dominated all three games!) and the crane game.



There are travel plans in the mix as well. Our flight leaves on Friday the 4th of July to Charlotte, NC. We will be spending a few days at my sister's house and "Pigeon Holler" (actually Pisgah Forest, but Ray can never remember that so this is what it has become) before heading back to beautiful Myrtle Beach. I am really excited that we are going back there. The condo that we stayed is perfectly situated right on the ocean and I can't wait to do some more shopping (Nike outlet here we come!!), enjoy the great restaurants (mmmMyabi!) and hang out on the beach. We weighed all of our options and with the cost of flights and travel these days, this option was by far the most cost effective. Plus, it's kinda nice that we know what to expect by going back.

No comments: