Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Snowed In

Yesterday was the Cancer Society's monthly revenue development meeting in St. John. Basically it gets all of us together from around New Brunswick to talk about how our events (mostly the Relay For Life) are coming along. My boss and I had to leave our office at 7:15am to make it on time to the 9:30 meeting. I was planning to return to Moncton with a woman who works in my office but got a call from her at 9am saying that due to weather she was not making the trip (my boss had to stay in St. John all week for training). Long story short is that I ended up having to stay the night because of yet another snow storm that brought 2 more feet of snow to Moncton. Needless to say I didn't have a change of clothes, contact case or solution, or anything else with me besides my purse. I made a stop at Shoppers, the local drug store, to purchase the essentials - socks, contact lens stuff, comb, toothbrush - they had everything I needed except for underwear - grrrr. There was a dollar store next door and I had a feeling that they may sell them. I walked in and found three women in the bright green smocks who worked there. I strolled up to them and asked if they sold underwear - they looked at me like I had 3 heads! I said, "you know, underpants." Still no response from any of them. I said, "panties, underwear, underpants...Do you sell them." All three women busted up laughing at me (the nerve). Finally one of them offered to point me in the right direction. So yes ladies, if you ever get in a bind, the dollar store does carry panties. Anyway, I left St. John this morning with a woman who had to drive by Moncton on her way home and went straight to work at the office here in Moncton until about 3. Uncle Ray was nice enough to stop by my office (where my car had been parked since yesterday morning) on his way to work to uncover my car as it had been completely buried by snow because of the plow. I've survived yet another Maritime snowstorm!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been to the local Phoenix Dollar Store (semi-annual all GSR?GRR department meetings, you remember those don't you!!) and I purchased a pair of panty's for a gag Paul Robb did for one of the Supervisor's. I feel every dollar store should sell them! Sorry about your experience, but am glad to kow you are safe! Leslie