Monday, January 21, 2008

Major Wildlife

No, I did not take this picture. My boss e-mailed it to me today. It was taken by one of his friends last week at his house in Douglas. I couldn't imagine if I walked to the door and saw a bunch of deer this close! There is so much wildlife here in the Great White North. Word on the street is that there are wild cats in this neck of the woods - both Bobcats and Lynx have been sighted! Check out this article from our local paper from this past Saturday - it shows a Bobcats just strolling down a street in our neighboring town of Riverview. Who knew? Just another reason why I won't be seen going for a run outside here this winter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys better keep a good eye on Sally & Champ when there outside.
We don't want them to be a bobcat or lynx dinner..

Unknown said...

They found a 4 month old baby bobcat along the side of the road in our town here in Kansas. The question we asked was where mom and dad bobcat are since the baby didn't just show up out of nowhere. We keep an eye out for Ranger when he is outside since he would make an easy dinner for one.
Dina