Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bad Review...

In past posts I have wrote about different meals or restaurants that have been so unbelievably good they deserved mentioning. Well, todays post is dedicated to the worst meal I've had in years! Last night I was really in the mood to try a new restaurant - there are so many here that we haven't tried. There is a seafood restaurant right on Main Street that always has caught my eye, Pisces by Gaston. You can tell by the picture that it's a semi-upscalejoint and Uncle Ray had been there once and had a decent experience. After last night, neither of us will be returning. I ordered one of the specials. It was a pasta dish with shrimp, scallops, lobster, broccoli, fettuccine and curry. I was thinking it was going to have a white Alfredo type sauce with curry sprinkled - but I was way off the pace. It was an actual curry sauce that was totally overpowering. I could barely choke enough down to get full. Ray had the Greek Islands Haddock that was topped with tomatoes, calamata olives, herbs, feta cheese and backed with a side of garlic mashed potatoes...sounds delightful - you'd be so wrong. It was very bland and really lacked any flavor. Ray also remarked that "these are the worst garlic mashed potatoes I've ever had." It's really a shame when the best part of a dinner are the warm rolls...

No comments: