Monday, December 3, 2007

Wiiiiiiiiii


Let's get one thing straight first. I absolutely hate video games, always have. I think they're a total waste of time and most are way too confusing for me to grasp anyway - plus I just don't see the point. The only games I've ever liked have been tetris, pac-man, and super mario brothers (the original) - I guess because they're only one or two buttons and relatively easy.

All of this has changed for me very recently. Last season on Run's House (one of my favorite reality shows) the youngest kid, Diggy, was given a few hundred bucks to go shopping for clothes. He ended up using all the money to purchase a Wii video game system. During the episode his dad (Rev Run) wanted to see what the big deal was with the video game and why he spend all his clothes money on it, and he got hooked and loved playing too. It looked like a blast because your body movement controls the game. For example, if he was playing baseball he had to swing the controller like a bat.

My good friend Willie, who I worked with at the RoadRunners, is also a fan of the show. I'm not sure if it's because of seeing that episode, or if he was sold on the Wii before that, but he went out an bought a Wii. Unfortunately, I moved here to Moncton shortly after that and never got the opportunity to play.

Well last week Willie moved here to Moncton (YAAAYY!!!! Super happy he did, Willie is the man) to work with Ray and the Wildcats...and he brought his Wii. He let us borrow the Wii this past week to give it a try. IT'S THE BEST VIDEO GAME SYSTEM OF ALL TIME!!! It was funny because Ray didn't want anything to do with it - but he hasn't wanted to get off of it! It really is amazing - we played tennis, golf, baseball and bowling. It's so fun because it's so realistic and you really have to get into it for it to work up to it's potential - we were sweating a few times from playing so hard. Not to mention the fact that my shoulder and bicep are a bit sore (I must be out of shape). The two best features of the game are it's SO EASY - there are literally 2 buttons - and you have to get up off the couch to play. LOVE IT!

It's a sad morning for me because I just boxed the Wii up to return it to Willie. I have a feeling that we will be making a stop a Toys R Us at some point to pick one up. If you've got someone on your Christmas shopping list that you don't know what to get for them, I HIGHLY recommend the Wii (even though it is a bit pricey - right around $300 - it's TOTALLY worth it).

No comments: