Sunday, December 16, 2007

How Charlie Got Her Pillow Back

It's been just over 2 months since my arrival to Canada. Before my departure from Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl. Airport, I obviously had to pack up all my earthly belongings. I decided what to put into storage in Arizona, figured out what I could pack into two suitcase to take on the flight and what I could shove into the trunk of my car. The day before I boarded the plane I arranged to have my car shipped from AZ to Bangor, Maine (because Ray has friends there that were nice enough to let it sit in their driveway for the last two months); I was uncertain and nervous as to the shape my car would be in when I saw it again. Since I filled the trunk with stuff, I was worried about the contents all remaining in the vehicle (I was most worried about my favorite, #1 pillow). It felt like it took forever to get all the necessary documents together to bring my car into the country (it was much harder than I anticipated since I don't own the vehicle). Plus, we had to find date that would work with Ray's busy hockey schedule to make the 12 hour round trip excursion. We made the trip down to Maine yesterday. I'm happy to report that my car is in the same condition as when I last saw it in Phoenix.

More great news, we were able to kill several birds with one stone with the trip yesterday. On the way down to the States we stopped at the border and were able to get me a work permit issued!!! Yay, I'm here in Canada legally now and can actually get a job! You really have no idea how good that feels. I have a great job prospect on the horizon as well. I had a second interview on Friday and have a really good feeling about it. I don't want to jinks anything, so once I'm offered the job (yes, I'm putting that out there) I'll be posting everything about the job and organization (both are a great match for me).

So, it took two month (which has felt more like 6) for me to get my work permit, car and most importantly, my favorite pillow here to Moncton! I haven't slept as good as I did last night in months...all is starting to fall into place.

Oh, and Ray is well past 6 times of shoveling. Yes, we do have a plow company come and take care of the driveway but he still has shoveled the back patio and stairs for the dogs to go down to do their business. We're getting hit with our second blizzard tonight...the snow just starting coming down. I have a feeling there will be plenty of opportunity for Ray to get those shovel muscles into shape this winter.

No comments: