Sunday, December 30, 2007

Back on the Wagon

Finally, I'm back in the gym on a semi-regular basis. It was pretty touch and go there with my workout schedule for the past, oh, 6 months. But with my waistline expanding and the number on the scale only going up, I don't want to have to go out and buy all new clothes. There aren't many gym options to choose from around here. The place we finally settled on is Nubody's, with the emphasis on settled. On the plus side, we are able to go to any Nubody's location. There is a club about 5 kilometers down the road. It's not even a year old, so the equipment is new and really nice. The best part is that it's never crowded. You can always get on any machine you want. They're opening up another club right downtown as another option to use (but parking is at a premium downtown). The downside to Nubody's is the horrendous customer service that we've received since the first time we stepped into their gym - it's almost like they don't want people to join. They have all kinds of absurd rules - no hats, no gum, no scents - how they monitor this stuff I have no clue. Honestly, on that side of things it's been nothing short of a hastle. I like to look at the positive - it's a great new gym and I'm back working out! Plus I've found out what a fun workout partner Ray is - he's quite hilarious to be next to on an elliptical machine - if I only had a video camera - he makes me get my ab workout without doing a single sit up - HILARIOUS that man is.

No comments: