Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wild Animals


Although I'm highly allergic, I have always been very much a cat lover. Growing up we really only had cats. (Unless you count the time that we got a golden retriever mix puppy. We had 6 people in our house and kept her in the kitchen of our small house on Glen Ave. in Peoria Heights. She was a puppy that needed space to run and play, my mom ultimately ended up giving her away to our eye doctor. I think that last two weeks at the most.) Cats are great little creatures. They require little to no maintenance. Just make sure they have food, water and a clean liter box and they're happy. You can leave them for days at a time and it doesn't faze them much.

Like I said, I've never really been around dogs. To be honest with you, dogs kinda freak me out a bit. I guess it started when I was a kid and I was chased around the neighborhood by a Great Dane and then bit by a German Shepard at a friends house in high school. Dogs tend to be pretty intelligent animals and they really can smell fear. I tend to feel that they're wild animals and may attack whenever they see fit.

Some of you probably know that Ray has 2 beloved dogs - Sally (brindle) and Champ (white). Since I've moved here I've made the comment several times that I can't believe that I live with two wild animals. With all that said, I really don't know what I'd do during the day without these two wild animals around. I absolutely love Champ & Sally - I never thought I'd see the day that I'd say that! They're so much fun to be around and since I'm home A LOT when Ray is at work, they really do keep me company.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like seeing the pups.Champs looks like he's waiting for a treat.Miss Sally is doing her thing..Thanks
And I enjoy reading your blog. keep up the good work..Ray's mom...