Sunday, November 25, 2007

Special Guest Writer - "Uncle Ray"

I have been asked to prepare a special guest post by our famed creator, Charlie. I have held out for several days, but have finally succumbed to her wish...here goes! I thought it would be appropriate to touch on a few of the previous topics:

Where we live...as many of you know, I have lived all over the country. Though, I am a "Sun Belt" kinda guy, I am also a "hockey guy" as well. This is complicated as there are only a handful of southern markets that qualify as excellent hockey markets (but I am on the lookout for the perfect arrangement!). That being said, despite the climate (which you should know, I DESPISE) Moncton is a nice Canadian city...virtually crime-free, more to do than some places I have lived in the past, and hockey crazy. The latter, coupled with the chance to work for, arguably, the most prominent family in Canada & become the only US-born GM in the Canadian Hockey League was all the motivation I needed to pack up the "wild animals" & bounce (Charlie-term). All this being said, having Charlie here has really made this experience SUPER, ULTRA, MEGA (ask Charlie for that definition)!!

Speaking of the "Wild Animals"...are not wild at all! They are the BEST pets a guy could ask for...they have been through the pro sports grind with me! They are quickly becoming "Charlie's Angels" though...she loves these guys & they love her...I am quickly becoming their second option for human affection! In spite of the last post on this blog, I love these guys & would take a bullet for either of them if I had to, but sometimes Champ (Forrest Gump) can wear on even the most patient of people...ugh! We've all had those in our lives that were cute, but just not smart...unfortunately, this is the story of Champ's life...a life I am responsible for and who brings Heather & I a lot of happiness & laughs...but it can be pricey as the last post so eloquently detailed! BIG NEWS - I have a commitment from Charlie to express Champ's anal gland for $125 the next time it's required...two words, CAN'T WAIT!! This from a girl who's never touched a garbage bag!!! LMAO! We'll try to include video on this blog!

Charlie has only scratched the surface on Canadian quirks...I am still coming to grips with the garbage (which as many of you know is my chore because Heather doesn't touch the trash) and bags of milk (which is just crazy, but quite "green"). There are several things we have found that we will need to "smuggle" back to the US when that day comes...of course, we will have a ton of explaining to Border Patrol about the trunk load of Coffee Crisps & "kegs" of Tim Horton's coffee (you should see this woman drink this stuff...UNREAL!!!) Unfortunately, we cannot take Hockey Night in Canada (Saturday night) along with us; it's bigger than Monday Night Football in the states...for a hockey guy its truly awesome to experience hockey in Canada.

Well, it's Sunday & thankfully satellite TV keeps us tuned into America's pastime, the NFL! Also, today is the Grey Cup (Canada's Super Bowl)...Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. Saskatchewan Roughriders. Until the next time Charlie calls me to guest post, au revoir (Moncton is bilingual) & enjoy Charlie's Adventures! By the way, we are on banana bread, version 7.0...she'll figure it out before winter is over...promise!!!

PS - The correct answer to the poll question is 1...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha! I knew the answer to the poll would be 1. Who did you hire to shovel snow for you? Dare I mention that your brother-in-law is the proud owner of a new snowblower. He is waiting for the first significant snowfall to try it out. So far we have had just flurries.

We know that you will pay anything to get your dogs healthy and well. (So say the people who paid $375 for a cast for Ranger, the Pug, when he broke his leg.)

Take care, Dina