Sunday, June 28, 2009

Very Peachy

The 59th annual Ruston Peach Festival took place this weekend in Ruston, LA, which is about 45 minutes from home. Peaches are right up there with strawberries, bananas, and blueberries as favorites of mine in the fruit food group. The Ross' (Steve & Angela) made the trip to Ruston yesterday as well to experience the festival - a first for all four of us. Steve and I are pictured above enjoying snow cones...they really hit the spot in the 100 degree pounding afternoon heat. At one point I was almost positive I was melting into the cement. Overall the afternoon was a lot of fun, but would not be honest if I didn't say that I left a bit disappointed. The motivating factor for my enthusiasm to attend was because I was under the impression there would be everything peach imaginable. You know, peach pie, peach cobbler, peach smoothies, peach daiquiris and/or margaritas; however none of these existed anywhere that I looked. The nerve! It was mostly arts & crafts and festival type food - which was fun to check out. The best highlights you ask? Obviously spending quality time with the Ross'; but also discovering the peach ice cream (divine) that you'll see Ray enjoying below, and picking up a bushel of Ruston peaches that are arguably the best peaches I've tasted.

No comments: