Sunday, May 17, 2009

The One

Four more days until VAY-KAY in Destin, Florida! The countdown began months ago and the time is finally drawing near. It will be my first trip to Destin and hopefully it won't be my last. I love that this vacation does not require any flights or rental cars. It's great not having to monitor how much to pack and I can do plenty of shopping and not have to worry about how to get anything back home. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE beach vacations and am more than looking forward to the 9 days and 8 nights of beach-side bliss.

In preparation for the upcoming trip, I have been on the hunt for the past week and a half for a new swimsuit. Yes, nightmare is a great way to describe finding one that fits. You see, I have the body of a woman - full of curves - and the majority of 2-piece suits are not made for my shapely body. The tops are always too small and the bottoms tend to dig into my skin and make me look larger than I really am. I started at Target then went on to Dillard’s, Sears, JC Penny, Academy Sports and event Ross. Several people, including Ray, told me that I needed to check out Couleur, a higher-end boutique/lingerie store that has a room of swimwear. Shopping there WAS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE! The room was packed full of options and would have been overwhelming - BUT - this wonderful woman, Alice, was with me every step of the way. She was able to size up my body and recommend several pieces to try on for size. It was like having my own personal shopper! As I was trying things on she brought me this bright, teal blue number. I didn't think much of it when it was on the hanger...but then I tried it on. Seriously, It was like this suit was tailored special for me. I didn't even look at the price because as soon as I slipped it on I immediately knew it was "THE ONE!" I can't wait to wear it on the beach...watch out Destin!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you had such an awesome experience...that's so rare in bathing suit shopping world.