Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hungry???? Not Me!

Yes, I have been eating my way across South Louisiana! Before this trip I clearly remember turning to Ray and saying, "I think I'll actually loose weight while I'm on this trip, I don't think I really even like Cajun food." Well I'm "eating" those words now. All the food I've eaten has been AAAAAAMAZING! I figure that I might as well enjoy it all while I'm here. I enjoyed my first piece of King Cake this morning, quite tasty. Francesca, I also had my first taste of bread pudding this afternoon...not bad, not bad at all. For dinner I had a very rich creole shrimp and crawfish pasta. I hope I'll be able to button my pants on Thursday when I return home.

I wanted to share some of the highlights from today. They include:
  • Breakfast at T-Coon's in Lafayette
  • Jean Lafitte Center where we watched a video on the history of the Acadians/Cajuns and one on a group of people that used to live in the swamp lands
  • Vermilionville - a replica village that is located on the banks of the Bayou Vermilion. It recreates the life of the Acadiana area between 1765 and 1890. There was a wonderful food demonstration on how to make King Cake and the history behind them. We enjoyed lunch at their restaurant and stayed for a bit of Zydeco music and dancing!
  • Headed to Baton Rouge where we checked into the hotel and got about an hour and a half of much needed rest time
  • A cocktail reception was held in the hotel lounge followed by dinner at The Chimes Restaurant. An executive coach drove us tonight to dinner and it was one of the nicest I've been in - complete with leather seating, plasma screen televisions and a bar...talk about riding in style!
I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings...I don't think I need to worry about going hungry...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Bread Pudding is my favorite...mmm