Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Making New Friends!

Last week I did some shopping at the local mall. I'm in the need of more professional looking work clothes for when I land my dream job next month (yes, I'm putting that out there). Well Dillard's happens to be my department store of choice and I found a cute skirt and dress shorts for a great deal (under $40 for both). I was still looking around a bit and one of the store associates, Christine, approached me to see if I needed any assistance. Well, we ended up chatting for a while and found out that she just moved here to town about a month ago. It was crazy how much we had in common and she ended up giving me her number. I called her and we hung-out yesterday afternoon and had an absolute BLAST together. The original plan was to layout at her pool but the weather was not cooperating. She had heard that they have drive-thru liquor stores and a drive-thru daiquiri store and suggested we give it a try since neither of us had been and we had nothing better to do. It seemed to both of us that having such establishments only promotes drinking and driving...but who are we to judge. We got there during Happy Hour so drinks were 2-for-1 price. She asked the woman at the window what the drinks of the day were and what she recommended...the woman's first questions was, "How strong of a drink do you want?" and proceeded to name of the drinks that were the strongest. I ended up with a 32oz margarita and Christine got a 32oz Frozen Long Island Iced Tea. What to do after picking up these cocktails you may ask??? Get manicures and pedicures of course! So we took our drinks inside and got a little pamper treatment. One of the guys doing our nails asked if we were best friends and was shocked when we said we just met a few days ago. It's nice to have a girlfriend to hangout with around here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found someone to hang out with. Appears she's a bit of a bad influence on you though!! I'm guessing she didn't drink hers until she got safely home, right? RIGHT!!!

I'll be anxious to hear about the job you land within the next month!! Fingers, toes, eyeballs all crossed for you!

Stephanie said...

I love that you have a new friend so quickly. Drive-thru liquor is something everyone should try at least once. :)

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe it's legal!!!