Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Relay For Life Moncton Huge Success

Well I have finally been able to breathe a sigh of relief...most of my time and energy for my first 6 months with the Canadian Cancer Society has been spent on making Relay For Life in Moncton successful...and that it was. There were over 200 cancer survivors (yellow shirts above) in attendance, 59 teams, a total of 660 participants, and 3,583 luminary candles lining the track. I surpassed my goal and have raised a total of $175,577.02 from the event! I would like to note that this is the most ever raised over the past 7 years of this event here...so that feels really good to be a part of. Thank you to all of you that helped support this event. It has taken me awhile to write this post because I have been absolutely exhausted from last week, both physically and mentally. I ended up working last week Mon-Thurs until 9pm at the office and then was on-site from 8am on Friday morning until 10am on Saturday morning. I think I shut my eyes for about 45 minutes around 3am. All-in-all, everything ran very smoothly and received a lot of positive comments from participants that said it was the best one yet here in Moncton!

Now I'm on to the next thing. I'm in charge of a few golf events throughout the summer and then curling in November. Ray and I are both taking June 30-July 15 off to relax and hopefully get out of town. No, we still don't know where we will be going - but I'm sure we'll figure that out.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the good job! I love that you will be planning a curling event...how Canadian.

Heather said...

I'm not sure how much I'm loving planning a curling event...I know NOTHING about the game (or sport?)...

Anonymous said...

Ok so truth be told, you actually slept for like three hours and woke up looking like total crap but WHAT A FRIGGIN' AMAZING INDIVIDUAL you are!! Kind of like the Eveready Energizer Bunny! :-)

You took the Relay For Life to a whole new level...next year is going to totally rock. Do I hear $200,000???? Oh come on...you know you can....