Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ray's Report

Well, to say that this is a humbling moment would be an understatement. After six months (and 8 blizzards) in Canada, the beautiful Ville de Dieppe has honoured me with an avenue named in my honour in a new development near our home. Whatta country!!! As you can see, I went on a ride-along with upstart FOX News correspondent and Charlie's Adventures (CA) photographer, umm...Charlie, to confirm the action! Note: a small mountain was climbed to secure this photo opp...for you first time readers, tremendous amounts of snow in these parts! Honestly, I think this blog will ultimately get picked up by weather.com for its meteorological insights!

I would have enjoyed "Delia Drive" or "promenade Delia" (French), but I was not consulted on this...I've talked to counsel and was advised to let this slide. My next project will be to land "Logsdon Lane" on the map up here, and I will feel like I will have left our mark on this area! Be sure to stay tuned to Charlie's Adventures as there will be a formal ribbon-cutting with all the trimmings to commemorate "my street" in late-May (weather permitting)...the staff at CA may YouTube this event.

I will try to be more consistent with my "guest posts" in the future as I am getting some heat from the CA publisher about my role in this endeavor. So look for an end of season wrap up & my observations on Year 1 in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League sometime next month. Until then, that's the news and I am outta here!

No comments: