Sunday, January 13, 2008

Come On Down!!!

I'm so excited to be writing this particular post. It has always been a dream of mine to be a part of the Price is Right...well one of my best friends, Lesley has done just that! I did obtain her permission in writing to go to print with her story (most of what's below are in her words from an e-mail she sent) and permission to use her likeness in the photograph.

This picture is the only proof that Lesley actually was on the Price Is Right in Las Vegas and won. They won't let you take pictures/video or even buy a copy of the video afterwards...what a bummer! But she REALLY did WIN!

"It was a blast, I was super excited and nervous, acted like a crazy person, and I never thought I would get picked as a contestant...and win! Most of you know the details but if not here ya go:
I was called to "come on down" in the first contestants row, won the bid on the item up for bid which was a telescope (winning bid of $210). I then got to go up on stage to play the pricing game which was the "Race Game" This is the one where you have 45 seconds to put price tags on the right prizes, go back, pull the lever and it tells you how many you have right, you can back and switch until your time is out. The items were a personal sauna, a fitness machine, a chimnea (outdoor chimney), and a hammock chair. The first time I put the price tags on and pulled the lever I had a big fat 0 correct, so I had to run back and switch them. Then when I pulled the lever I had gotten ALL 4 right! With only 7 seconds left to spare! Ryan (her husband) said I looked hysterical running around on stage, and I really thought I was going to bust my ass because I had on high heel boots!"

"So, I came away with all of the prizes (took cash value on some of them instead).
And to top it off later that night I won $200 on a penny slot machine! I guess I should have bought a lotto ticket that day or splurged on a Roulette or Craps Bet, but I decided not to Press my Luck and go home well ahead :)"

"That's not me below..but this is the game I played, and I pretty much looked like her jumping up and down with my arms in the air"

Hilarious! I wish I could've been there to see it all go down!!! I found out that she kept the telescope and hammock chair. Since it was in Vegas the host was Todd Newton, not Drew Carey. Newton has hosted several other game shows like the new Press your Luck, he is on E! Entertainment News, etc.. The MC was the guy from Supermarket Sweep! Too fun.

No comments: